zugbruecke is notoriously insecure by design.
- DO NOT run it on any system directly exposed to the internet! Have a firewall on at all times!
- DO NOT run untrusted code (or DLLs)!
- DO NOT use zugbruecke for any security related tasks such as encryption, decryption, authentication and handling of keys or passwords!
- DO NOT run it with root / super users privileges!
The following problems also directly apply to zugbruecke:
- Wine can in fact theoretically run (some) Windows malware.
- NEVER run Wine as root! See FAQ at WineHQ for details.
zugbruecke does not actively prohibit its use with root privileges.